Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Life as an Artist

As an interior designer, you are also an artist.  Some people understand this, and some people don't.  Truly your medium is more tangible, useable, HAS to be functional, and typically has to fit a certain budget...yet, personally, you really share many of the same emotions as a sculptor, photographer, painter, etc.  I'm sure all fields have their own unique idiosyncrasies, but in the big picture, our daily musings are comparable.  Saw this little blurb on a friend's Facebook page, and it really sunk in...for you other creatives reading this, let me know if it hits home for you too!


~~~ Be expressive!  Susan ~~~

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

4 comments:

Alison Cummings said...

Susan,

Good post! And, sadly, also what I have seen:
- Let other people's insecurities influence you (make you question yourself).
- Base your value on money

And you have quite a "yarn" to tell about the artistic journey. ;) So glad you listened to your intuition. Very happy for you!

Alison

Unknown said...

Thanks Alison! Boy, I think you hit the nail on the head with other people's insecurities greatly influencing the artist. I have to remind myself daily that my initial thoughts, ideas, etc. are what needs to be followed while STILL listening to the client's needs/desires. Have an awesome day!

Andrea said...

I'm with you on this one!

Unknown said...

Yea! :)